Reset the ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 installer code, then follow these easy steps below. I found out about the steps through some Google sleuthing but when I first read the steps, they were not very intuitive. The most common ADT control panel these days is the Safewatch Pro 3000. If you want to, you can print out these instructions before using them. That may be of assistance in doing this.
Reset ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Install Code Steps
1. Locate the battery for your ADT Safewatch Pro 3000. The battery for your ADT system is usually located in a closet somewhere. It is usually long and rectangular. Once you locate the battery, you want to disconnect it. It won’t be difficult to disconnect it. Just remove one of the leads to the battery and that will disconnect it from the system.
2. Then disconnect the AC power to the unit. Usually you will see a small AC adapter plugged into an outlet somewhere in your home. This is where the AC power comes from. The battery only exists as a backup power source in case the power goes out and the AC adapter does not work. You will want to disconnect this as well. You can just unplug it and then there will be no power to the system.
3. Wait 1 minute. During the silence you can think about why the world you are doing all of this.
4. Now, plug in the AC power adapter.
5. Next, connect the leads on the battery backup.
6. Don’t be a slacker, you have to do this next step in under a minute. Go over to the keypad and press these three keys at the same time (* + and the # sign).
7. Next you will see a number on the screen. When you see this number, press the # sign and then the number and then your alarm system panel will read you back the installer code. Write down the installer code. This also gives you a chance to change your installer code as well on the ADT Safewatch Pro 3000.
I also have here the manual for the Safewatch Pro 3000. You can click here to download it.